Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Don't Wait!

Who says it has to be New Years Eve to set a goal? With the big holiday coming up, a lot of people (ME) save their goals to start in the new year. With almost 4 weeks left until to New Year, it is silly to put your goals on hold. Why not start them today?

This is what I decided after conversing with a friend of mine over his blog. He said he loves writing. I enjoy writing also, but am not very good at it. His posts are thoughtful and well written, almost daily. I always feel like I need a big subject to discuss to post to my blog.

I guess that's it! It is my blog, and I can do whatever I want with it. I won't improve my writing skills if I don't write. I work at a Junior High School as a Writing Lab Supervisor. I help the students with their English writing assignments. At times, I find their assignments interesting and think they would be a fun topic to write about. Maybe I will use some of the assignments worked on in my lab to help me get started with my regular posts.

I sometimes have class periods with no students in my lab. What better activity for me than improving my writing skills. After all it is a writing lab! Of course I will be writing at School most of the time, so I will need to make sure my writing is Utah County school appropriate.

If you are thinking of a goal for the new year, why not start it today?

No comments: