Thursday, August 2, 2007

New Kid in Town

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. My friend, SML, got me started on the blogging. I am very new, and not very good at it, but I enjoy the writing. I have enjoyed reading the other blogs too. I found a whole new way to connect to people. A lot of the blogs I read, I recognize the blogger from my social gatherings where I live. Many are from far away places, and it is fun to read what they have to say.

I am not a poet or an artist. I don't have aspirations to write a novel. I would love to have a darkroom in my house and focus more on Photography...many years ago I earned an associate degree in Photography. I like to take my kids' school pictures at the beginning of the year.

I started this post to write some of the feelings I have as I read the other posts. I start at one site, usually SML's, and link to another site, and another from that site and on and on. What I have noticed, is many of the same people are on all of the link lists, or blogrolls. I am curious how everyone linked up? I am having a hard time getting people to my site, and I feel like a new kid in school...just watching from the outside, but wanting to find my way to the inside, a little unsure of myself, and how to get there.

If you stop at my site, let me know. I would love to add you to my Link List. I would love to hear your comments. Until then, I will continue to visit your sites and post comments, hoping you will click on my name and come over for a visit!
Julianna

5 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Yeah, obsessive commenting on other blogs is what did it for me. Hours and hours of blogging...

Doesn't sound too appealing, but I LOVE it. Good luck.

JulieOShields said...

I love reading blogs. I don't feel like I have a lot to add to them most of the time, but I love talking, and I can always think of something to write! :-)
I need to remember which ones I have visited so I can go back to the same ones several times...And drop your name a lot. LOL

celerman said...

Read blogs and comment on blogs. SML is obviously right, because I'm here

JulieOShields said...

Thank you for stopping by celerman. I went to your site and read some of your poetry. It was great! I haven't written much, but have made a goal to try and write more to develop a skill.
I have been visiting many different blogs. It is fun to see how different they all are, and how many of them talk of the same people.
I hope to you visit again soon,
JulieOShields

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hi Celerman! I love his blog too.