Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Second List of 25 Things About Me

25 Things about me
1.I was born in Los banos California. My kids have learned a little Spanish and think it is very funny that I was born in the bathroom.
2.I come from a large family, 4 sisters and 3 brothers. Growing up my mantra was: “not Mormon, not Catholic.”
3.While growing up, my dad always accused me of being a city girl. Since moving away from home, I have lived in Boston, NYC, Portland, Seattle and now live in SLC. I love the city!
4.I was a nanny for 2 years and loved it. I started out in NYC for a few months and then moved to Boston. I loved it there and still remember my little Garrett, who is all grown up now.
5.I went to Ricks College in Idaho for 2 years and came away with a degree in Photography. I haven’t used the degree, but would never consider my time in college as a waste. I learned and grew so much over those two years.
6.I dream of being able to draw and paint. My goal is to take art classes when I have time and am not paying for my kids education.
7.I have never had a grey hair, and it is not because I color my hair.
8.I am participating in the Fit:MS challenge which consists of daily activities to improve awareness in Body, Mind and Spirit.
9.I am so proud of my children and all that they do. I used to think it was my job to teach my children. I feel like I learn much more from them than I teach them.
10.I cry whenever I feel strong emotions whether happy, sad, mad or glad.
11.My nickname when I was growing up was chatty Cathy, after a doll who talked when you pulled the string in her back. I have no Idea why I got that nickname! 
12.I have been fortunate enough to visit Toulouse France and Barcelona Spain and loved it. I love to travel and hope to do a lot more traveling.
13.While in Hawaii last year, I discovered a love of snorkeling and Snuba Diving (kind of like Scuba diving). Since then I have a made goal to become certified in Scuba diving. I love being under water… while I am not able to Hike or Ski because of my MS, I have no problems under the water and feel very free there.
14.I love Facebook because through it, I have been able to meet people from all over the world and learn of their cultures. I love diversity and don’t see much of it where I live.
15.I am not ticklish and it makes my kids crazy!
16.Since I can remember, I have dreamed of becoming a grandma but always had the fear that I would die before that time came. I am not sure why I thought that way. Maybe because my own mother died just after her first grandchild was born.
17.I never feel I do enough to show my husband how much I love him and how much I appreciate all he does for me and our children.
18.I love where I work and love learning from the Junior high students. I admire them for all they do and are becoming. I admire the teachers for transforming them into productive young adults. The classes all inspire me… Then English classes give me hope I can learn to write, and the French class makes me long to speak French.
19.I love hearing Marissa and Daniel talk to each other in French and talk to each other about their French classes.
20.I often think about how life used to be when families lived close to each other and communicated and visited often, like I did with my extended family while growing up. Though times have changed, I see a shift back that direction in a way. Technology now makes it easier to stay in touch. Just this month I have been re-acquainted with several cousins and other relatives through Facebook and am very thankful for that.
21.I would never be able to write anything without spell check. I don’t know how people did it before the word processing era.
22.I love to sing and wish I was brave enough to do karaoke.
23.I would love to finish school and earn a bachelors degree and often contemplate what I would major in.
24.I am an extrovert and get my energy from socializing and entertaining. I am married to an introvert who is the opposite. We keep each other on an even keel.
25.I have always dreamed of going on one of those big sail boats with all of the masts, like the ones in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Wow! I didn’t think I could make one list of 25 things and now I have completed a second one. Very fun activity, you should try it!

No comments: